Ashland Independent Film Festival
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Artistic and Executive Director
Employment Status: Regular, Part-Time, Exempt
Benefits: PTO and paid holidays
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Schedule: Year-Round, PT (FTE 0.50 – 0.75) position
The Development Director works closely with the Artistic and Executive Director, AIFF staff, and Board Development Committee to secure unearned income for the non-profit Ashland Independent Film Festival in accordance with budgeted goals for individual and corporate donations, from identification of prospects through benefits administration and recognition.
This position is part-time, FTE 0.50 – 0.75, with some full-time weeks.
- Develop major gift campaign with the AD/ED and Board Development Committee, and lead the research, identification, cultivation, and stewardship of major prospects and donors.
- Supervise year-round donation appeals via direct mail and email, working with AD/ED and staff.
- Make personal connections with high-end donors and ensure an excellent Festival experience.
- Prioritize and lead solicitation of current and potential business partners, local and national, with emphasis on their philanthropic and sponsorship aims.
- Supervise annual membership appeal, via direct mail and email, working with AD/ED, Communications Manager, and staff.
- Help coordinate fundraising activities during World Film Week (Oct), Oscar Night Gala (Feb) and other year-round fundraising events as planned.
- Attend weekly update meetings with the AD/ED and monthly Board and Development Committee meetings to discuss progress reports and strategizing.
- Maintain accurate, timely, efficient records in Salesforce.
- 2-5 years of fundraising and development experience, preferably for a non-profit arts organization
- Grant writing experience preferred but not required
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution
- Position requires proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and effectively utilize Salesforce.
- Excellent written, editorial and creative skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include three professional references (name, affiliation, email and phone number). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
**The Ashland Independent Film Festival does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.**
There are no internships available at this time.
Ashland Independent Film Festival is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification by law.