Jobs & InternshipsJobs
AIFF Volunteer Coordinator/Festival Associate
The Volunteer Coordinator/Festival Associate reports to the Festival Producer and Business and Systems Manager while supporting year-round and seasonal staff. Primary duties include recruiting, scheduling and, with other supervisors, managing and assigning a volunteer base of over 375 volunteers, with additional tasks in the areas of general office support, sponsorship, customer service, event logistics and ticketing.
Wage: $15 per hour
Time Period: September 25 – December 31: 20 hours/week; January 1 – April 27: 40 hours/week (Some weekends, evenings and over time required. Over time paid at time and a half, $22.50.)
Please send a resume and cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com
with Volunteer Coordinator/Festival Associate and your last name in the subject line. Open until filled.
The activities listed are intended to describe the essential function of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
Office and Operations Support
- Recruit, oversee, schedule and manage volunteers and maintain festival database, off-season and during the festival
- Maintain regular email contact with volunteers, create timeline, key dates and concise plan for communication
- Work with all staff and contractors to provide necessary volunteers to support their tasks and projects
- Assist Festival Producer in recruiting and assigning volunteer managers and area captains and Armory Concessions Managers
- Assist Assistant to Director/Filmmaker Liaison with volunteer areas: Hospitality; Transportation; Screeners; In-office volunteers
- Assist other Volunteer Supervisors with their areas: Events, Communication, and Publications Coordinators
- Coordinate both January and March volunteer orientation meetings, with Festival Producer:
- Attend all volunteer area trainings
- Assist with all aspects of Board-led Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Create and manage Volunteer Survey; evaluate responses; solicit feedback and quotes
- Update volunteer form(s), benefits, area sign-up sheets, and notification materials
- Track volunteer hours; assign and disperse benefits
- Assist Festival Producer with creation and updating of volunteer assignment training sheets
- Attend all venue debriefs; Varsity, ASC, Armory, Hospitality, Transportation, Photography, Staff and prepare wrap notes for all areas, consolidating all debriefs into key action-item list for following year
- Provide general office support including utilizing our CRM (Salesforce)
- Coordinate festival staff meals and festival signage
- Manage Audience Award ballots and tally
- Manage delivery of sponsor benefits
- Assist in providing in-person, online and phone customer service to ticket buyers
- Support Box Office Manager as required
- Manage aspects of festival badge creation
- Assist with website maintenance, including updating webpages
- Provide support in areas of publications and membership
- Provide support for set up, strike and organization of all venues, parties, trainings and meetings
- Provide support to Festival Producer with call sheet preparation and venue day-of supplies.
- Coordinate other various projects as assigned
- Manage interns as needed
- Maintain accurate, timely and efficient records
- BA, related degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 yrs administrative assistant, office support, technological, customer service and/or database experience
- Understanding of, and a passion for, the AIFF’s mission
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to work with varied constituents in a professional manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills; self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and analytical skills, problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills; ability to master systems, software, situations, and information quickly and accurately
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Experience with, or ability to quickly learn, Salesforce (CRM)
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit at a computer for long periods
The Ashland Independent Film Festival is accepting applications for an eight-month internship position that will begin in October 2017 and end in May 2018. The intern will gain broad experience in a multitude of festival functions and obtain an overall view of how a non-profit arts organization is run. The 17th annual festival takes place Thursday, April 12, through Monday, April 16, 2018
Applicants should be organized, pay careful attention to detail, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, be comfortable speaking in front of groups as well as directing and managing volunteers, and have a cooperative attitude and an eagerness to learn.
Interns are asked to commit to between 8-12 hours per week, however we are flexible. Some evenings and event work will be required, and hours may increase in the lead-up to the festival. We also ask that the intern have full availability during the festival, April 12 through 16.
Please submit your application by filling out our online form and including your resume and cover letter.
Ashland Independent Film Festival is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification by law.
Mission: Celebrate the diversity of human experience through the art of independent film by enriching, educating, and inspiring all audiences.