The 2018 general Call for Entries is now closed.
Please Join Our Call For Entries Email List
- 5 days of 100+ great docs, features, shorts
- Full houses and engaged audiences—even at 9am!
- Complimentary accommodations
- Daily Filmmaker panels and nightly parties
- Located in historic downtown Ashland, Oregon
- Please see the list of award winners on our website. Please note that international films are not eligible for competition. We provide awards & laurels to all winners for promotion. All selected films will have access to our official selection laurels.
- Acclaimed jurors from the independent film community
- Special Guests have included James Ivory, Greg Louganis, Morgan Spurlock, Barbara Kopple, Lucy Walker, Ty Burrell, Albert Maysles, Julie Taymor, Helen Hunt, Les Blank, Elvis Mitchell, Bruce Campbell, Ondi Timoner, Harry Shearer, Barbara Hammer, Gordon Quinn, Rachel Grady & Heidi Ewing.
- See last year's 2017 AIFF Catalogue.
"What a fabulous time we had in Ashland! We were greeted at every turn by the festival's warm hospitality and overwhelmed by the reception of the audiences at each of our screenings. We couldn’t have hoped for a more positive experience.”
– Tommie Smith, Director, The Groove is Not Trivial (AIFF2017)
AIFF Alumni Filmmakers rave about spending time in Ashland
—a vibrant community of 20,000 who love the arts, outdoors, the scenic Rogue Valley (in the sunny part of the state near the CA border), the Award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival, white water rafting, miles of trails in our backyard, Crater Lake, local wines, cheeses, chocolates... and the annual celebration of independent film!
We're committed to providing the best festival experience possible. Enjoy the hospitality of our staff and volunteers as we extensively promote your film, which is screened several times over five days, in theaters packed with intelligent and engaged audiences.
“Of course I would tell any filmmaker to submit to Ashland! The audiences are passionate and engaged, attendance is robust, communication between festival staff and filmmakers is stellar, and there is a really wonderful communal spirit to the entire enterprise. It’s nice to be situated in a place where it’s so easy to walk to everything. All the parties were terrific and a great way to meet new people. I really have not one critical thing to say.” – Katherine Dieckmann, Director, Strange Weather (AIFF2017)
WAB Entry Form / Entry FAQs / email@example.com