Submissions for AIFF2019 begin September 3, 2018.
- 5 days of 100+ great docs, features, shorts
- Full houses and engaged audiences—even at 9am!
- Complimentary accommodations
- Daily Filmmaker panels and nightly parties
- Located in historic downtown Ashland, Oregon
- Please see the list of award winners on our website. Please note that international films are not eligible for competition. We provide awards & laurels to all winners for promotion. All selected films will have access to our official selection laurels.
- Acclaimed jurors from the independent film community
- Special Guests have included Chris Cooper James Ivory, Greg Louganis, Morgan Spurlock, Barbara Kopple, Lucy Walker, Ty Burrell, Albert Maysles, Julie Taymor, Helen Hunt, Les Blank, Elvis Mitchell, Bruce Campbell, Ondi Timoner, Harry Shearer, Barbara Hammer, Gordon Quinn, Rachel Grady & Heidi Ewing.
- See last year's AIFF Catalogue.
“It’s not just one thing that makes the festival great. The town has a charm. There is an open atmosphere where the filmmakers really get to meet and talk to each other, and the mixers that the festival puts on encourages that even more. And the town really turns out for every screening. They were one of the most receptive and engaged audiences I have had the pleasure of screening my film for. It's the perfect mix of everything you want at a film festival."
- Pablo Bryant, Producer/Director, MR. FISH: CARTOONING FROM THE DEEP END, 2018 Special Jury Recognition: Documentary Feature
AIFF Alumni Filmmakers rave about spending time in Ashland
—a vibrant community of 20,000 who love the arts, outdoors, the scenic Rogue Valley (in the sunny part of the state near the CA border), the Award-winning Oregon Shakespeare Festival, white water rafting, miles of trails in our backyard, Crater Lake, local wines, cheeses, chocolates... and the annual celebration of independent film!
We're committed to providing the best festival experience possible. Enjoy the hospitality of our staff and volunteers as we extensively promote your film, which is screened several times over five days, in theaters packed with intelligent and engaged audiences.
“Of course I would tell any filmmaker to submit to Ashland! The audiences are passionate and engaged, attendance is robust, communication between festival staff and filmmakers is stellar, and there is a really wonderful communal spirit to the entire enterprise. It’s nice to be situated in a place where it’s so easy to walk to everything. All the parties were terrific and a great way to meet new people. I really have not one critical thing to say.” – Katherine Dieckmann, Juror, AIFF 2018
WAB Entry Form / Entry FAQs / email@example.com