Submissions are now closed for AIFF2018.
Please check back for information on submitting to AIFF2019.
LAUNCH Your Story and Watch Your Film Take Flight
We are looking for storytellers for the LAUNCH Student Film Competition
with short films that are innovative, inventive, creative, original, inspiring, relevant, compelling, entertaining, thought-provoking, funny, and unique.
Do you have a great story to share? Here’s what you need to know:
Download the 2018 Print Friendly Flyer - English
Download the 2018 Print Friendly Flyer - Spanish
- No entry fee—it’s FREE!
- Films need to be 5 minutes or under.
- Genres include animation, claymation, documentary, or narrative—it’s up to you!
- Five categories: grades K-5, 6-8, 9-12, college undergrads, and PridePrize.
- Winners receive CASH prizes!
- Students must live in Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine or Klamath counties in OR; Del Norte or Siskiyou counties in CA.
- Fill out the LAUNCH Entry Form today!
- Have a question? Check out our LAUNCH FAQs, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LAUNCH winning films from past festivals can be viewed on our website.
- The deadline to submit is January 5, 2018.
- Filmmaker will be notified if they made it into the film festival on February 2, 2018.
The PridePrize – A Component of the LAUNCH Film Competition
To celebrate diversity, identity, and discovery through the art of film, we now offer a special prize for outstanding student-made films that speak to the LGBTQ+ experience. All regional student filmmakers, grades 9-12 and college undergrads, are eligible for the PridePrize ($500) if the following criteria are met:
- First, you must be eligible for the LAUNCH competition (see Submission info above).
- Next, your film must comply with LAUNCH guidelines.
- Finally, the film must be LGBTQ+ themed.
Your LGBTQ+ themed film may be about youth/adults and the issues (social, political, etc.), contemporary or historical, which affect the lives of individuals, groups,
their communities, and our society at-large.
What happens once I submit my film?
Everyone who submits a film receives two tickets to AIFF2018!
Winners will have their film screened during the Ashland Independent Film Festival, April 12-16, 2018, receive a Filmmaker Pass and a VIP Plus One Pass to all films and special events, interact with filmmakers from around the world, and participate in Q&As after the screenings.
“You may think that only experts get their film into the film festival, but that’s not true. What they are really looking for is something that’s creative and that’s made by kids.” –Alex Meyer, 8th grade LAUNCH winner
This project is supported in part by a grant from the Oregon Cultural Trust
Prizes made possible by the Rotary Club of Ashland Lithia Springs.
The PridePrize is made possible by a generous gift
from the LGBTQ Juvenile Justice Fund of the Equity Foundation.