We Are Hiring!
Director of Development
A critical member of the leadership team, the Director of Development oversees a well-organized portfolio of financial support for Ashland Independent Film Festival—major donors, membership and sponsorship. This position works closely with the Executive Director.
Ashland Independent Film Festival (AIFF) recently celebrated its 20th anniversary, and also emerged from the pandemic shutdowns in healthy financial and programmatic shape. The organization enjoys long-standing and active support from its donors and members, as well as steady support from grants and local businesses. The Director of Development is responsible for maintaining and building that financial support.
AIFF hosts a major festival in early springtime and a second festival, World Film Week, in the early fall; as well as a growing schedule of virtual screenings and outdoor events throughout the year. In addition, AIFF supports educational programming for regional primary and secondary-school children and recently opened a Film Center on Main Street in Ashland that provides educational seminars and film events.
An ideal candidate will have five years work experience in non-profit fundraising, and a proven track record in the implementation and monitoring of diverse fundraising strategies, including donor cultivation, membership promotion and event management. Experience using relational databases such as Saleforce is important, as is direct supervisory experience and an ability to work as a fun and productive team-player. An enthusiasm for arts and community is essential, although a specific knowledge about independent film is not required.
- Major Donor Cultivation and Retention: Supported by the Executive Director and a Development Committee, securing and maintaining a portfolio of major gifts from individuals; includes working with the Communication Manager for an annual year-end donor campaign.
- Membership Oversight: Working with the Communication Manager on membership drives to ensure active engagement and growth for AIFF’s membership base.
- Grants Tracking & Strategy: Working with a contract Grant Writer, overseeing an annual grant strategy;
- Event Planning: Assisted by the Operation Manager, planning and hosting at least one primary fundraising event, and several secondary events throughout the calendar year;
- Sponsorship: Developing relationships with local, regional and state-wide businesses and civic entities to secure and maintain financial and in-kind support.
$50,000 - 60,000, including generous PTO and health care reimbursement; 1.0 FTE exempt.
AIFF has a commitment to cultivating an inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. AIFF maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Please send a cover letter of interest and resume as PDF documents via email to: Phil@AshlandFilm.org. Please include “Director of Development” in the email’s subject line. Review begins Monday, August 16
No openings available at this time
Ashland Independent Film Festival (AIFF) values diversity and inclusion and encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. AIFF is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, family and marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. AIFF is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Mission: Celebrate the diversity of human experience through the art of independent film by enriching, educating, and inspiring all audiences.