Jobs & Internships
There are no jobs available at this time.
AIFF is seeking to enlist highly motivated, reliable and detail-oriented general office interns to help us prepare for AIFF2019 (April 11-15, 2019). Interns can expect to spend approximately 4-6 hours a week with us (more as we near the festival) including some evening and weekend events. We are highly flexible and willing to work with school schedules and requirements for credit fulfillment. AIFF strives to provide an internship experience that is engaging, fulfilling, and provides hands-on experience in an arts non-profit environment. Internships run from November through May and are offered in exchange for school credit (if applicable) and experience. Please see below for additional information on AIFF internships.
If you are interested, please submit an application via this form by October 25th.
- Detail-oriented, able to follow directions, and take initiative when needed
- Reliable, outgoing, positive and friendly personality, professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Social Media
- Work with a small, committed team in a dynamic environment supporting the AIFF Mission
- Flexible hours
- School credit (if applicable)
- Festival Staff Pass
- Access to other festival events
- Obtain real-world experience by being an integral part of the best film party in town!
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Education Coordinator (EC) with Launch Student Film Competition (and PridePrize) outreach; update/develop materials, schedule and make classroom presentations (if requested), documenting, follow up
- Assist EC with school outreach, classroom participation at family programs/special presentations during festival
- Manage outreach to students at SOU for volunteers/student film submissions; tabling, presentations to SOU clubs, develop print materials
- Publications: Editing/proofing, researching online information about films
- Communications: media outreach – online research- outlets and places to publicize the festival/volunteer solicitation/special events, brochure/poster distribution etc.
- Operations and event assistance; volunteer meetings, special screenings, year-round events (evening/weekend availability)
- Manage Interns@ email box
- Assisting with mailings to promote the festival
- Assisting with social media postings, media archiving
- Assisting with various special projects as assigned
- Answering phones, miscellaneous office tasks, working with all staff to assist their needs
- Assisting with sponsors and deliverables
- Ticketing/customer service phone support during box office hours
- Office, Award Tally assistance during festival
- Occasional errand running
- Occasional evenings/weekends
- Full availability during five-day fest: April 11-15, 2019
We will review applications after the submission deadline and be in touch to schedule interviews with select candidates in early November. Please contact Erica with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashland Independent Film Festival is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification by law.
Mission: Celebrate the diversity of human experience through the art of independent film by enriching, educating, and inspiring all audiences.