Jobs & Internships
Systems Manager 2020-21
Title: Systems Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Non-exempt, regular, part-time (.62)
Schedule: July: ~8 hrs/week; August-September: ~15 hrs/week; Oct-Nov: ~20 hrs/week; Dec-Feb: ~30 hrs/week; March-April: ~40 hrs/week; May: ~20 hrs/week; June: ~15 hrs/week (1225 total hours)
Must be available to work frequent evenings and weekends March through mid-April, and during all physical box office hours before and during the main festival, March 29 - April 21, 2021.
The Systems Manager works to create and maintain the systems and processes that keep our operations running smoothly, including, but not limited to: database and patron management systems, information technology and equipment, ticketing software and operations, and payment processing equipment and systems. The Systems Manager is part of our core, year-round staff and participates in collaborative, creative problem solving with our small team to bring thought-provoking content to our community and participants.
A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities includes:
- Maintain the technology infrastructure, and implement new technology infrastructures as needed to advance the mission of the organization
- Maintain all IT systems including hardware, software, media, applications, and network admin
- Support staff and volunteers in all areas of IT
- Maintain and upgrade database to ensure quality data collection and manipulation
- Ensure that all online data collection is integrated into database
- Train and support staff in best uses of and practices for the database system
- Manage input of all income including grants, donations, memberships and other income streams in various databases.
- Manage all aspects of online and physical box office
- Supervise aspects of membership and sponsorship relating to the box office
- Supervise all aspects of festival badges
- Supervise seasonal staff and volunteers responding to general and box office inquiries and providing support during physical box office hours
- Work with the Education Coordinator to maintain schedule and track orders for student matinees
- Oversee set up and strike of all box office locations
- Manage & Reconcile all accounts receivable from Box Office
- Act as primary liaison with hardware, software, ticketing vendors
- Manage sponsor/volunteer relationships relevant to systems and IT
- Train Development team on recordkeeping practices for grants, donations, and other support in the database
For a full description, please click here.
- Two or more years of experience managing database systems/CRM’s
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge and experience with basic IT equipment and services, including PCs, Macs, A/V equipment, printers and scanners, data connectivity, and payment processing equipment
- Working knowledge and experience with antivirus software, integration services, payment processing services, mass communication platforms (such as Mailchimp), Microsoft Office, and website backend administration
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Executive Director Erica Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications Manager 2020-21
Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: PT (FTE 0.79)
Benefits: 8 Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) at a prorated accrual rate of 3.1 hours per pay period in accordance with our policy
Schedule: 30 hours/week May - December, 40 hours/ week January- April
Summary: The Communications Manager develops and implements all communications, website and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate AIFF’s mission and goals.
- Develop and maintain the annual Marketing & Communications Plan in collaboration with the ED to advance organizational goals to grow AIFF’s core audience, promote ticket sales, increase individual and institutional donations, attract more out-of-area attendees and support volunteer programs.
- Draft and dispatch press releases. Maintain and add to the media source list and manage all local and national media contacts
- Create and deploy ongoing email marketing campaigns. Build and maintain Mailchimp mailing lists.
- Coordinate social media strategy and posts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Upgrade AIFF blog and create ongoing multi-media content harmonized with email marketing and media outreach materials.
- Develop online and offline marketing materials to support success of development department fundraising goals.
- Coordinate Print, Radio, TV, and online advertising
- Responsible for managing and maintaining website. Update AIFF and affiliate websites with specific content to support marketing and PR goals
- Manage sponsor relationships relevant to communications, marketing, and publications
- Build, compile, and produce analytic summaries of Audience Survey
- With the Education Coordinator, execute outreach to schools promoting the Student Launch Competition, school visits by festival guests, school group ticketing, and Teen Press
- Engage regional organizations in promoting AIFF events and purchasing ticket blocks
- Represent AIFF and arrange staff presentations and guest appearances at Rotaries, Chambers and other targeted organizations in Ashland, Medford, and region
- Coordinate display and distribution of festival publicity materials—rack cards, flyers, catalogues.
- Post festival announcements and calendarized events to relevant regional community calendars, bulletin boards, tourism portals, etc. as directed.
- Supervise production of publications (catalogue, pocket guide, World Film Week brochure, poster, rack card, yearbook, etc.), overseeing Publications Editor and managing relationships with designers and printers.
- Manage creation, production, and distribution of festival merchandise
- Coordinate the sourcing, creation, updating, display, and inventory of all festival signage and street banners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- BA, related degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of, and a passion for, the AIFF’s mission
- Sophisticated understanding of social media and other digital marketing trends and a determination to employ these to broaden AIFF’s demographic and geographic reach
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
To Apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three professional references to Managing Director Erica Thompson at email@example.com.
AIFF values diversity and inclusion and encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. AIFF is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual oreitnation, age, family and marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. AIFF is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
There are currently no internship openings.
Ashland Independent Film Festival is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification by law.
Celebrate the diversity of human experience through the art of independent film by enriching, educating, and inspiring all audiences.