AIFF2019 Call for Entries is Now Closed.
Please check by in August 2019 to submit to AIFF2020.
Launch Your Story and Watch Your Film Take Flight
We are looking for storytellers for the Launch Student Film Competition
with short films that are innovative, inventive, creative, original, inspiring, relevant, compelling, entertaining, thought-provoking, funny, and unique.
Do you have a great story to share? Here’s what you need to know:
Download the AIFF2019 Launch Poster - English
Download the AIFF2019 Launch Poster - Spanish
- No entry fee—it’s FREE!
- Films need to be 5 minutes or under.
- Genres include animation, claymation, documentary, or narrative—it’s up to you!
- Five categories: grades K-5, 6-8, 9-12, college undergrads, and PridePrize.
- Winners in each of the five categories listed above receive CASH prizes!
- Students must live in Coos, Curry, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine or Klamath counties in OR; Del Norte or Siskiyou counties in CA.
- Fill out the Launch Entry Form today!
- Have a question? Check out our Launch FAQs, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Launch winning films from past festivals can be viewed on our website.
- The deadline to submit is January 4, 2019.
- Filmmaker will be notified if they made it into the film festival on February 5, 2019.
The PridePrize – A Component of the Launch Film Competition
To celebrate diversity, identity, and discovery through the art of film, we now offer a special prize for outstanding student-made films that speak to the LGBTQ+ experience. All regional student filmmakers in the grades 9-12 and college undergrads categories are eligible for the PridePrize ($500) if the following criteria are met:
- First, you must be eligible for the Launch competition (see Submission info above).
- Next, your film must comply with Launch guidelines.
- Finally, the film must be LGBTQ+ themed.
Your LGBTQ+ themed film may be about youth/adults and the issues (social, political, etc.), contemporary or historical, which affect the lives of individuals, groups, their communities, and our society at-large.
What happens once I submit my film?
Everyone who submits a film receives two tickets to AIFF2019! (2 tickets per film)
Winners will have their film screened during the Ashland Independent Film Festival, April 11-15, 2019, receive a Filmmaker Pass (1 pass per film) and a VIP Plus One Pass (1 pass per film) to all films and special events, interact with filmmakers from around the world, and participate in Q&As after the screenings.
“You may think that only experts get their film into the film festival, but that’s not true. What they are really looking for is something that’s creative and that’s made by kids.” –Alex Meyer, 8th grade Launch winner
This project is supported in part by a grant from the Oregon Cultural Trust
Prizes made possible by the Rotary Club of Ashland Lithia Springs.
The PridePrize is made possible by a generous gift from the LGBTQ Juvenile Justice Fund of the Equity Foundation.